What we know:
- Effective Leadership forms the foundation for innovation.
- Companies that have a culture of innovation experience higher productivity and staff retention than those that don’t.
- Only 18% of Australian companies report radical innovation whilst 40% of Australian companies do not meet their productivity and performance targets.
- People want to work for companies that match their own values and are willing to take a paycut to utilise their skills for the greater good
- In a survey of 20,000 employees 88% ranked effective leadership in the top 3 reasons for Job Satisfaction
(Study of Australian Leadership (Leadership at Work) Melbourne University 2017) (Corporate Executive Boards Quarterly)
What we do:
- Bring technology managers of all levels from different organisations together on a regular basis
- Provide real world leadership development by exposing members to the ideas and experience of proven business leaders
- Put these ideas into action by combining our leadership topics with a Design Thinking Approach to problem solving
- Present executable solutions to the Not for Profit and social enterprise partners of our member organisations.
How it Works:
- Our members form “LiT Action Committees”
- LiT Action Committees have a maximum of 15 members and meet for 4 hours each month
- They are chaired by a business leader with a passion and the experience to develop leadership skills in others.
- Prominent CEO’s, executives and proven leaders from all walks of life interact with members on leadership topics that they live and breathe.
- LiT Action Committee members present problems from their organisations Not for Profit / Social Enterprise Partners.
- Following a design thinking approach the LiT Action Committee presents the NFP / Social Enterprise organisations with executable solutions.
What’s in it for you:
- Your managers will become great Leaders of people, with a deeper understanding of the impact they have on their team and the organisation
- They will foster an environment of innovation
- Your teams will be more productive and will have the ability to tackle any problem with a design thinking approach
- Your staff retention will increase exponentially
- With access to the LiT community (Members, Speakers, Sponsors, Chairman) your managers will have a trusted network of peers and mentors and your organisation will have the ability to network and develop business at structured networking events held outside of the LiT Action Committees.
- Membership in LiT Action Committees actively contributes to your CSR Policy through engagement with your NFP / Social Enterprise partners
- OR if you are only just contemplating a CSR policy, LiT will work with you to develop relationships that kick start this journey.
In the next 5 years, Leaders in Technology will:
- Turn 3000 managers into leaders
- Deliver 600 executable solutions to the Not For Profit and Social Enterprise sector
- Positively impact over 1 million people